Friday, August 08, 2008

8.8.08

I know, I know, I still need to get up pictures of Brynley's birthday... but it'll have to wait...

The marketing geniuses of the Olympics were very smart to start on this cool day. And the opening ceremony has to be the best I've ever seen (and I've watched them as far back as I can remember). I don't know what it is, but I always get a little emotional at the opening ceremonies. I don't know if its just seeing so many people so proud of their nation, or the innocence in the children's faces, or just the sheer beauty and artistry that's put into this spectacular production. This year was no exception- I've always been fascinated with the Chinese nation, and I loved being able to witness the beauty and nobleness of the people. I was completely blown away by the beginning portion and about lost it completely when the little boy who survived the earthquake led the Chinese athletes with a part of his hair gone. Hello waterworks! I just love learning about other nations, even in small parts, and being able to see them unified for something like this really takes my breath away.

Ok, that's it, just wanted to blog before it hit midnight... I'll try hard to get pics up of my cutie pies tomorrow. Again, I know that's all this blog's really for. :)

Congratulations Meg and Ryan on your precious little girl!!!

0 comments: