Monday, March 31, 2008

March Madness

I apologize for my lack of blogs this month. I'll try to keep descriptions of our recent activities concise, b/c I know you really just want to see pictures. :)

A couple of weeks ago, I went to my best friend, Nicolette's "match day" in San Antonio (where med students find out where they'll spend residency). The whole process seems CRAZY to me, and the day was so emotional, I was crying for people I didn't even know! But it was fun- they had lunch, and a really good band played... it was nice to be there with Nic and have some fun. Here's a couple of pics from the day...


About to walk in... Nic and I with her good friend, Lisa and her sister, Laura.. 2 very fun people. :)

I know this is kinda random, but this is Nic's old roomie, Stephanie and her husband. They "couples matched" to over 10 different places and got their #1 choice- Duke!!! and they're both going to be orthopedic surgeons. From what I understand, this kind of match is rare, if not unheard of, and they were really excited.

Telling her momma she was finally getting out of Texas. Yay!!


The electric guitar player of The Face Melters (they were actually really good) playing "Sweet child of Mine" to this precious little boy who jumped up on stage and started dancing. So cute!!

Easter was fun... we had a church cookout and an egg hunt with a TON of people, and then had service Sat. night. Sunday we went to my mom's and had our annual egg hunt. The girls were really into it this year and were SO cute to watch. Here's some more pics...


New sunglasses, yay!!

Makayla, the bag lady

Cutie pie Bryn

Makayla with her loot.

Grammy and Grandpa and the 3 grandkids (soon to be 4- congrats A and E!!!).

Last week, I took the day off and we all went to the zoo. We were there for 4 hours (Jaron made us see ALL the animals), but the girls did great. They are growing up so fast- it was so neat to see them interact with each other and name the animals. Here's some of those pics...












Finally, this past weekend, we went to Tatanka Ranch near Stroud, OK. The whole Pope Clan met up with the Branum clan. I won't go into our whole history with this family... Larry and Reba Branum and my dad's parents are very close friends and we used to get together quite a bit when we were younger. They decided to have a little reunion and it was so fun... just a great time of relaxing and catching up. Larry and Reba are some of my favorite people, and it was such a blessing to get together, eat, play, have a little church, and get beat BAD in ping-pong by Mema and Reba (Chels and I were very embarrassed). :) Enjoy these pics, and that should do it for our March Madness!!



Playing a little old school Mario Kart. :)

This is kinda hard to see, but its Martin holding Bryn... she was so tired and she settled down on his shoulder for awhile.

I don't know if she was trying to play patty cake or ring around the rosy with him.

Sweet hugs.

I thought this was a sweet preggo pic of Aimee

Johnny Depp, I mean, my brother, Jeff

Makayla took this pic of Michelle and Lori, didn't she do a good job?

Grammy with Makayla P. and Michaela B.

Me and my sistas.

Larry and Makayla

Jenny reading to her Michaela and my Makayla.






Playing the Wii

Caleb blowing bubbles with Mak and Bryn


0 comments: