Monday, August 03, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brynley!



What better day to play catch up than on my baby's 3rd birthday!?! I can't believe she's that old and it REALLY hit me this morning when she slept till almost 9 (that's pretty much never happened) and went potty without me even knowing it! We've had a fun day... I let Bryn pick out all three meals- pancakes for breakfast, pizza for lunch (first time at Farnatchi's and it was excellent!), bananas, applesauce and fritos for dinner. She got to watch her favorite shows (Dragon Tales and Spiderman) in the morning. We went to the library before lunch, then Bryn and Jaron got a nap while Makayla went to the store with me to get cake stuff. We made a yummy chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting, green sprinkles and a yellow #3 candle (to incorporate B's favorite colors). Our mail comes late, so she got her birthday cards right around the time we were eating cake, which was so fun! Jaron took her to the store to pick out her gift and she was so sweet to share her Prince Charming and Cinderella dolls with Makayla.

I love you sweet little Brynley and am so glad God chose me to be your mommy- I can't wait to see how you continue to grow and learn to love God and others. Happy Birthday!!

Ok, catch up time (feel free to skip along to the pictures, I just want to document the last couple of months so I don't forget- thank goodness for iCal, twitter and facebook- they definitely helped with the jogging of the memory)...

End of May- Jaron released his Green Lantern trailer (which now has over a million hits on Youtube!) and did lots of interviews about it. Being #1 video on Attack of the Show was probably one of the biggest highlights for him. Still so proud of my talented hubby!!!

4th Anniversary (June 5th)- I was at a women's retreat on the actual day of our anniversary, so we celebrated the weekend before and at the end of the month. Fri, May 29th we dropped the kids off at my mom's and went to see "Angels and Demons". Then we just happened to check Craig's List for a house, and the one we are currently residing in had been posted only the hour before! That was fun. And totally a God thing. THEN, we went to see Alpha Rev (one of my favorite bands) at House of Blues (my first time). And THEN, we saw "Night at the Museum 2". That was a really, really great night with my hubby.

Jaron had a staff retreat for 3 days during the second week of June, so my mom and Aimee offered to take the girls with them to Houston to visit Chelsea (who's been nannying there all summer), so that I could get some packing done- at that point we had signed a lease on our house in Farmers Branch. That was SUCH a blessing, because I got SO much packed and was not nearly as stressed the rest of the month. Thanks again ladies!!! I was a little sad that I didn't get to go to the beach at Galveston; it was the girls first time. If you're friends with my mom and/or sisters on facebook, they have some cute pics of that trip.

Father's Day- Sent Jaron to get a massage after church and then we swam together as a family for the last time at our apartment (have really missed that pool this summer).

The Monday after Father's day, we dropped the kids off at my parents house and started our vacation off with, what else?, 2 movies- "Year One" and "The Proposal". Then we headed off to the Tallent's gorgeous lakehouse for some much needed R & R. It was so great to have no agenda, watch a ton of movies and cook without little rugrats crawling all over me. Ahhhh... I miss that.

We left on Thursday morning and our landlord let us get the keys that afternoon- a whopping 6 days early!!! Jaron worked his cute little booty off all the way until that next Tuesday moving all of our junk into our new house. We had lots of help from our family as well- thanks guys!!!

Wow, that was exhausting just remembering all that...

July was a little bit less intense, at least for the girls and I. We spent some time checking out the wonderful town of Farmers Branch, meeting neighbors, going to the library and pool, deciding where we were going to shop and going up to the church for Camp One meetings (youth camp). Oh, and a lot of unpacking (I don't do well living out of boxes). My mom and Mema took us shopping to get some house things. They definitely spoiled me a little :) and I can't thank ya'll enough for helping me spruce up my house. My kitchen is my favorite part of my house (which has never happened for me before) and its all b/c these 2 lovely ladies got me some IKEA goodies (sorry about the picture quality)...





I love them!!!!!!

The 4th week of July, Jaron and I packed our bags, sent the kids to my parents and headed out with the student ministry and volunteers to Camp One in Tanglewood, TX. Jaron helped with worship and did the video work, while I helped Tina with admin. It was fun, but I felt really, really old and really missed my kids. I was definitely glad to get back to my own bed and shower (I slept on the top of a bunk bed all week), but it was great to see God working in the lives of our students.

We celebrated Aimee's 26th birthday on July 25 (the day after her birthday) at Houlihan's, my favorite restaurant of all time. Then, Aimee and I decided to take an impromptu trip to Houston to see Chelsea this past week (the last week of July), from Wed-Fri. It was fun to see how she's been living all summer, but she's going to be pretty spoiled when she gets back to DFW. :)

I guess that about catches us up... This past weekend was a little nuts- Aim and I got back into town Friday night, I went to a bridal shower for my cousin, Chandra on Saturday at 2, got to rehearsal at church by 3:30, church at 6, home after 8 (we were a little chatty- sorry, Christel!), up at 6:30am Sunday to get to rehearsal (thanks Angie for sacrificing so much sleep to watch my kids!), at church till 12, went to a couple's shower for Chan and Derrick at 1:30, went to my parents, met Jaron at the church for the Spotlight performance at 6pm, went home and CRASHED!!!!

I'm never waiting this long again between posts, that was CRAZY!!! And if you're still reading this (Mom and Mema), YOU are crazy! :) Love ya'll!!

Too tired to caption each picture, so here's the general ideas...

1st trip to FB library
Play date at Frisco splash park
Playing in sprinkler in our front yard
Pics in our back yard and girls room (Hopefully, better house pics will be coming soon)
Pics from today- at pizza place (playing "Rock, paper, scissors", Bryn not wanting the camera in her face, Makayla loving the camera, the "Brynley face"), Makayla "helping" make the cake, Makayla's card and present (crayons) to Bryn, playing in the swim play thing Nana brought over.

NOW, the pictures...



































5 comments:

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday Brynley!!!! Sorry our text came so late, yesterday morning Zane got out his picture book and showed Brynley's picture to me and was saying Brynley, Brynley. And I was like yeah it's her birthday today. It just took forever to get a moment to sit down and send a text! Hope she had a great one!!!!

Kelli said...

Fun times! Glad y'all have had such a good summer and that you are all moved in! The kitchen looks great, and as usual, the girls are so cute! I can't believe B is already 3!

Charlotte Pope said...

they are growing soooooo fast! looks like brynley had a fun day:) looking forward to their party...yes, i did read the whole thing! because i love ya'll so much!

Mema said...

What a blessing to live in this present time to watch my greats on a blog. I thank God for this...and Jaron and Rebekah.

Yes, I read every word and saw every picture.

Kyla said...

I'm so glad to hear an update! I read it ALL. :) Sounds like both of our families have survived the craziness of moving, thank the Lord! I really am just happy to say that I lived through it without pushing myself into early labor! Now I'm feeling fine with whenever she decides to come. - I LOVE the new stuff in your kitchen! How fun. Well, hope to see you guys again before too long!